Friday, February 27, 2009

Essentials of Raw Food Photos

(I will organize the photos later. so sleeps)





Oh my gosh, you guys! I've been too busy to update the blog. I've now completed my fifth and final day of Essentials (of raw foods). It was really intense. Class started between 8 am and 9 am every day and ended between 5 pm and 6 pm. We were split into teams of four to five people. We picked our own teams and worked with them throughout the week. Each time we learned a recipe, we worked with our team. We learned how to use common raw food equipment: vitamix, food processor, dehydrators, sprouting trays, different knives, different cuts, recipe making, how to combine flavors, menu planning, nutrition of raw food, garnishing, movie viewing ("Future of Food"- if you haven't seen it, yet, please do. It will change the way you view the world, maybe).So far, the mexican lunch buffet has been my favorite. 

Here are some photos:
Clover sprouts Day 2
Sprouts Day 3
Sprouts Day 4
Sprouts Day 5
Always a glorious salad bar for lunch
Our apple pie with cashew cream frosting
And here are the other team's creative apple pie toppings
Zucchini Pasta w/ pesto and marinara
Planting red winter wheat (wheat grass)




Red pepper wraps ready to be dehydrated
Where the magic happens...
Ryoya (i.e. Joe) making "Banana I scream"
w/ vegan fudge sauce and raspberry.
The team I was on created this dressing: Pineapple-cilantro thai dressing
















No comments:

Post a Comment